Our new book: Falkland and its People 1901–1913
Our latest book was published in December 2020.
Tom Playfair has researched and compiled a fascinating collection of items from the local newspapers and the Falkland Estate Archives; Ross Burgess has edited the book, and provided an introduction, notes, maps and index.
A substantial hardback book, 560 pages, 62 illustrations, and 4 maps.
Price £20 plus postage and packing. You can download an order form here.
The society has published a number of books about Falkland:
- A Falkland Guide, 1988 (reprinted many times)
- The Tyndall Bruces of Falkland by Thomas Playfair and Elizabeth M. Webster, 1991
- The Stones of Falkland, 1993
- The Old Streets of Falkland, 1994
- An Alphabet of Falkland Folk, 1999
- Falkland Points of View, 2011
- Falkland during the reign of Queen Victoria 1837–1900
Copies of these can be consulted at Falkland Library, which also contains a collection of photographs of old Falkland (See also historicfalkland.com/).